Tuesday, January 1, 2008

BRINGING IN THE NEW YEAR

Jay's mom and brother visited this past weekend and helped us bring in the New Year!





We spent a lot of time playing games: Dominos, Uno, Scrabble, Battle Scrabble, and more Dominos. We did leave the house a bit though... we hit the seafood buffet at Ameristar and the lunch buffet at Diamond Jacks casinos, did a quick tour of the battlefield (since we'd all been there before, some of us MANY times), and went to church. Jay cooked many good meals: fried catfish, tuna steaks, BBQ chicken, and we ate way more than we needed to... we're starting to fit in here in Mississippi! Yikes!

In a belated Christmas celebration, we opened presents, made a fire in the stove, and ate lots of chocolate. Jay got me a great jacket, Jean loved the bottle tree Jay made her (I helped a little) and her new TempurPedic pillow, Jamie got some clothes and a cool take-out menu organizer (folks who live in big cities eat out a lot), and Jay was actually surprised by his pressure washer (he often guesses his gifts correctly before opening them), though I think he liked the Lindsay Clan cufflinks I got him more.



On New Years Eve we built a huge campfire, set off a bunch of fireworks, drank some champagne (and some wine), and ate more chocolate. It was a good start to a great 2008!







Here are a few more photos from along the Mississippi River:


1 comment:

lackofintellect said...

I used a different template than you used. It's called minima stretch, it's what makes the layout bigger, my images are hosted at a different site, that's why they are bigger. But if you want your layout to be bigger use the lefty minima stretch.

I will continue to follow your blog!