Yay! We've reached the halfway mark!! We had our 20 week appointment today for the anatomy scan and Baby James (to be named after his daddy, of course) is doing great and measuring right on schedule for his due date (he's at 13 ounces now). Everything looked great and it was awesome to see the little man in there, just doing his thing. He was very busy squirming around (actually, it took a while to get all his measurements because he was so wiggly) and touching his face and ears with his hands. Jay did a great job reading the sonogram, saying things such as "that's the umbilical cord, right?", "cool, you can even count his fingers", and "check out his little biceps"... whereas I pretty much just laid there staring at his little face every time it wasn't covered by his hands, mesmerized, and not sure what else I was seeing anyway! Cut me some slack though, these pictures are amazing, but certainly not clear. We got to hear the heartbeat again, 148bpm this month. I've been feeling the "flutters" for about 2 weeks now (it's less like a tickle to me, and more like that stomach-dropping feeling you get when you're nervous), with the actual kicks starting about a week ago (I prefer the kicks... the nervous stomach is actually a bit unsettling, even if it IS cool). The kicks aren't strong enough for Jay to feel yet, but at this growth rate, I bet it won't be long... Did I mention I had a growth spurt while I was on the cruise? I had about 2 days of stronger-than-usual belly tightness and round ligament pain, then woke up on the last day of the cruise to find a significantly different belly shape than I left with (and it wasn't JUST the buffet indulgence!) Jay couldn't believe the difference in both look and feel!
So you can see for yourselves, here's a photo of me today at 19 weeks 4 days:
And now for the sonogram photos, after a quick look at some belly jelly (hey, it's a memory...)
Our little lucky charm is getting cuter by the month! Here he is in 2D, a nice profile shot, so you can see his little nose

And this one is in 4D, with one of his hands up near his face as he was wiggling around

And finally, a good close-up of his face - you can see his nose and sweet little lips! 
I'm going to miss these sonograms... They are no longer monitoring the placenta or umbilical cord for cysts because my doctor feels certain now that there is nothing there worth worrying about, so we won't have a sonogram at our 24 week appointment next month. Hmmm... whatever will I blog about? Anyway, that means our next sonogram will be the 28 week 4D-only sonogram (not covered by insurance, but too fun to pass up) where we'll get VIDEO of Baby James moving around in utero and some 8x10 color photos!
No comments:
Post a Comment