As mentioned in the HALLOWEEN BASH blog post, Robyn and Stephen surprised us Friday night by coming into town for a visit! We got to spend the whole weekend with them before they headed west to tour parts of Texas and Louisiana. Plain and simple, these guys are just the best. We were so happy to see eachother, we must have all talked nonstop for 2 days straight (well, Stephen did at least!)
Also, I would just like to mention how great Stephen looks! Many (probably most) of you know what Stephen has been going through over the past 6 months. He recently completed his final round of chemo, and if I didn't know better, I'd never be able to tell by looking at him. He is probably the strongest individual I know, and I'm just so grateful that his treatments are finished and he's out vacationing and enjoying himself (not that he ever slowed down)!
While visiting, Robyn and Stephen wanted to see the battlefield (because, what else is really a must-see in Vicksburg?), and I wasn't about to miss a minute of their time in town, so I went along. Jay went too, but he was less-than-enthused (about the battlefield, not Robyn and Stephen, of course), despite his happy-looking double-thumbs-up shown here... What a stinker! Although, in all fairness, we've now lost track of how many times he's been to our local national park (and it's a few more times than I've gone).
At the Illinois Memorial (the biggest and prettiest in the park), we took another group photo.
No comments:
Post a Comment