Jay and I are feeling very lucky today... Our coworkers threw us an awesome baby shower! We had attendees from both of the branches we work in (for those who don't know, Jay and I work together, but we don't actually WORK together - we are on different teams, in different branches of the Environmental Lab), as well as some of the ladies that I play BUNKO with from the admin branch. There was a great turn-out and we received some really generous gifts: lots of adorable baby clothes and blankets (even some handmade items, including 2 blankets, a bib, and a nautical-themed set of picture frames for the nursery wall), some really cool toys (including a basket that was filled with bathtime fun items, all in the underwater theme), and some items from our registry that we were really hoping for (including the baby grooming and first-aid kits, the highchair, and the crib tent - to keep the cats off Baby James while he sleeps). We also had the opportunity to talk with other parents and get some advice, which we always appreciate. If we had only written down their cell phone numbers so we can call them at 3am with questions...
Here we are with the ultra-soft and cuddly teddy bear that Pam gave us: 
And here is a small sampling of shower attendees, enjoying their cake:
The best part about the baby shower (other than the gifts, of course) was the lack of baby-themed games (hooray!) and the presence of TWO cakes (one vanilla, one chocolate - and yes, Jay and I had both - twice)! The Ahoy James cake was made by Cheryl, and the super-duper chocolate cake was made by Marilyn's mother. They were both delicious, and I'm happy to report that there is plenty left for us to eat cake all weekend if we choose to...

Now, I don't think I've mentioned it before, but there is something in the water here at the Environmental Lab... Jay and I are the 5th couple to be expecting a baby this year, with at least 3 more couples due after us! The newest addition was our youngest baby shower attendee, Dawn's adorable son Coltin (7 weeks old). He was a perfect little angel throughout the party. Check out his gorgeous hair:
By the end of the party, we had quite a haul of bags and boxes to tote to the car!
Thank you all for such a wonderful baby shower - we feel so spoiled!
No comments:
Post a Comment