Friday, May 15, 2009

TUMMY TO BACK!

Hooray! James rolled over from his tummy to his back for the first time tonight!! We don't have any video, or even any photos, because it was a bit unexpected. He's been showing potential for about a week, but as much as Jay and I have tried to encourage him and show him how to do it, he's just gotten mad and yelled at us. Silly boy. Then, this evening as we were "Skyping" with my mom, he succeeded! James was showing off for his Grambot, holding his head high and doing his "seal pose" (where he lifts his head and chest and legs high, while holding his arms straight back like he's flying), when suddenly he just rolled. Jay, Margie, mom and I all squealed with delight! Now that our boy is mobile (sort of), I went straight upstairs and removed the bumper from his crib. Luckily, for posterity, I had remembered to take a photo of James sleeping in the crib with the bumper on the other day:
After the rolling, and all the talking he did with Grambot (he's becoming more "vocal" by the day), James was tired. So I propped him in his Boppy and let him take a little catnap:
And one final photo to end tonight's blog post, from last night while I was exercising. I guess just watching me on the elliptical wore Jay out. Not James though. Anyway, the real reason I'm posting this picture is James' pinkies. He has this habit of always holding his pinkies out (you know, like the "highfalutin" type) that we find highly amusing:

No comments: