I had my 3rd prenatal appointment for BLT today. It was LONG (not the appointment itself, but the waiting - over 2 hours just to get in), but good. I checked out clear in all the standard areas (weight, blood pressure, urine sample, etc.) and BLT sounded great (I heard the heartbeat twice, since I met with the nurse practitioner prior to seeing my doctor - who had been busy delivering babies). Which brings me to the prediction...
Jay and I are currently believing that BLT is a girl. Yes, we could VERY WELL be wrong, since there is a 50/50 chance, but for now we're thinking pink. Our reasoning for this? At nearly 15 weeks, BLT's heartrate is still very high (165-170bpm), which an old wives tale says is indicative of a girl (of course, this one was wrong for James, whose heartrate was also quite high in the beginning, but down to 153 at his 16-week appointment). Also, my coworkers had fun today checking every Chinese Birth Chart they could find (some of them ask for a LOT of information!), and they ALL said girl (10 out of 10). If you remember, the Chinese Birth Chart prediction was correct for James (though, if you also recall, when I polled all the mommies I knew last time around, the charts were only 77% accurate overall). We haven't had any diagnostic dreams (yet), and I don't plan to do any of the other silly old wives tales (like the Penny Test) this time around, but I have caught myself saying "she" and "her" a few times while refering to BLT...
Jay and I are currently believing that BLT is a girl. Yes, we could VERY WELL be wrong, since there is a 50/50 chance, but for now we're thinking pink. Our reasoning for this? At nearly 15 weeks, BLT's heartrate is still very high (165-170bpm), which an old wives tale says is indicative of a girl (of course, this one was wrong for James, whose heartrate was also quite high in the beginning, but down to 153 at his 16-week appointment). Also, my coworkers had fun today checking every Chinese Birth Chart they could find (some of them ask for a LOT of information!), and they ALL said girl (10 out of 10). If you remember, the Chinese Birth Chart prediction was correct for James (though, if you also recall, when I polled all the mommies I knew last time around, the charts were only 77% accurate overall). We haven't had any diagnostic dreams (yet), and I don't plan to do any of the other silly old wives tales (like the Penny Test) this time around, but I have caught myself saying "she" and "her" a few times while refering to BLT...
We'll find out early next month, and either way, we'll be happy just to find out that BLT is healthy and developing on schedule. Until then, let's all have fun making predictions. Shift your gaze over to the right-hand side of the blog and you'll see a gender poll for BLT. Please participate, then leave your prediction as a comment with this post.
7 comments:
Yeah, I picked up on Jay's comments about the dog. I thought to myself if BLT wasn't on the way I am sure I could get this dog to become a Lindsay. Oh well, he found a good home. Besides BLT will be much more fun!
77% is still pretty accurate if you ask me, or at least it beats 50/50. I'm going to say girl, but pretty much because I know you guys really want a girl, and I would love to see y'all have one.
I think at this point in the game mommies just "know." So that combined with the longer lasting nausea makes me think you are having a girl. Plus, you have everything you need for another little boy, right? So of course you will have a girl and need to stock up on pink things. So exciting! Congrats again.
I had to laugh when reading your blog because the heartbeat thing has been the exact opposite for me. Both of my girls were in the upper 130s to lower 140s, and all 3of my boys were 160s. As for the nausea...lasted longer and longer with each boy I had and got more intense.
So, I am saying BOY! James would have a blast with a little bro. Plus, a boy would mean you would just have to try again. Big families are fun! Congrats on your expanding family:)
I'm going to predict that the odds are 50-50.
Team Mitchell predicts a girl. Because you already have a boy, and because I know that I'm usually right half the time.
I'm guessing a girl simply because you need one. [grin]
Sounds like you are going to have a little girl! She would look good on her Daddy's knee on your profile picture.
Post a Comment