Cora has a big event coming up this weekend! It will be the first time she needs a fancy dress and shiny shoes, so while the boys went home after dance class, I took her shopping. It was her first time being allowed to pick out anything she wanted and, her first time trying things on in a dressing room, and she loved it all. She tried on every single dress that had sparkles on it, a couple pairs of high heels (which mama declined to purchase in favor of age appropriate mary janes), and requested mutiple posed pictures of EVERYTHING so we could send them to daddy and her grandmas for their input. She's five and this is her first dance, but I can only imagine what prom and wedding dress shopping will be like some day...
In the end, she narrowed it down to two dresses, then chose the silver dress because it had rhinestones AND glitter. Then she picked out a new tie for her daddy to match her. I had the best time making a big deal of this dance and letting her glow in the limelight, and she deserved it.
No comments:
Post a Comment