Thursday morning I had a partial meniscectomy to "fix" a complex tear of the medial meniscus in my left knee (an injury that I sustained, most likely while running, about 6.5 weeks ago, which resulted in a lot of pain, a lot of swelling, and very little improvement during the 5 weeks it took me to suck it up and go in for an MRI). 48 hours later, during my first dressing change, it looks like this:
Not too bad. The surgery was outpatient and pretty simple (from what I was told). It went well and as expected, but I won't know any further details until I go back for my follow-up appointment in a couple weeks. I'm basically on bedrest for 72 hours, but plan to be off crutches shortly after I get moving again tomorrow. I start PT on Tuesday and will go 3 times per week for at least 4 weeks.
No visible swelling, hooray!



No comments:
Post a Comment