TEAM PINK!Our second-born is a baby girl and we are ECSTATIC!
We celebrated by changing the blog colors accordingly (at least, for a little while), and by starting a new pink-infused "mini" wardrobe for her (because yes, she'll be wearing plenty of her big brother's hand-me-downs too): 

You didn't really expect us to wait, did you? At 16 weeks gestation when we found out James was on the way, we went straight out and purchased some cute baby boy outfits, and BLT deserves the same treatment. Of course, we may have gone a little overboard...







Although, we DID hit the sale racks, and we DID have some leftover Christmas money...
In other appointment news, my blood pressure was normal (after the initial screening, where it was high due to my excitement/anxiety - it's always high for my first reading), my weight was great (I only gained one pound this month - I've been doing MUCH better this pregnancy), and other tests (ahem... urinalysis) came back clear.
BLT's anatomy scan received a perfect score too. All her organs are there and accounted for, in the correct positions, and formed as they should be. Hooray! The sonogram technician determined her gender immediately (though she had to point it out and explain to us that 3 lines = girl), and when my doctor saw the pictures, she said "Oh yes, you're definitely having a girl!" - she is very excited for us! BLT weighed in at 10 oz, which is right on track for her estimated due date. Actually, she measured one day ahead, but my doctor will not be changing the due date (obviously, as that would be silly). And her heartrate was still on the higher end, at 155 bpm. In fact, our baby girl was so active that it took the technician FOREVER to get all the measurements she needed. BLT was flipping around, and around, and around. And waving her arms and kicking her legs. Curling up into the fetal position one second and stretching out completely the next, then repeat, and repeat. It was funny to watch her, and cool to actually feel the movements as I was watching her.
Here is our baby girl's beautiful profile:
The only potential problem they found is with the placenta. Whereas with James the placenta was attached to the back of my uterus, it's anterior for BLT. And it's low. Only 1 cm up from my cervix. Theoretically, as my uterus grows, the placenta will move up. However, if this doesn't happen, I would be at risk for placenta previa (when the placenta covers the opening of the cervix). It may also make it harder for Jay to feel her moving, so that could take longer this time around. Anyway, so far I have no restrictions, and they will check placental progress at either my 24 or 28 week appointment. Keep your fingers crossed all goes (and moves) as it should.
Here's our baby girl looking at the camera (her head is on the right):
This is BLT's belly photo this morning at 19 weeks (18w5d to be exact):

I'm definitely showing earlier this time!
Finally, just for fun, here is the comparison to the start of the 2nd trimester:

Stay tuned this weekend for the big baby girl name unveiling...
5 comments:
So excited for you guys! Finally a little girl for all these boys to fight over! And stop buying baby clothes, you need to leave stuff for the rest of us to get you! :) Congratulations.
Congrats!! I am so very excited for you!
Azure, Jason, and I are so excited for you guys! Little girls are the best!
Denise and Jay... Yah a little girl!!!!! Her pics are amazing. I swear I can already tell she looks like her brother!
Jay, Denise, James and Baby Girl BLT =) We're SO happy for you! How perfect you have your little boy and girl now!! Yeahhh!!!!
Post a Comment