Saturday, May 22, 2010

NOT EVEN CHOCOLATE?!?!

We're STILL struggling to get James to drink milk from a sippy cup... We thought we had the answer last weekend when we purchased new, insulated sippys. He actually LIKED them, and by like, we mean that he took more than half a dozen sips, unprompted (i.e. unforced), and without spitting the milk out down his chin afterwards. Then all week daycare reported that James would simply throw the cup and not even TRY the milk. Even after coming in from outside play, when they KNEW he was thirsty. In fact, he started refusing his noon bottle too. Yikes. That is just not acceptable, so what did his Mama decide to try today? Chocolate milk! I mean, seriously, who doesn't LOVE chocolate milk? I thought I was being so nice (and sneaky, since Jay was somewhat against the idea, and I did it without telling him), but James was not interested. In fact, he seemed offended. Oh, he tried it all right, but as you can see from the picture below, he let every single sip drool straight down his chin...

What a little stinker. So, who has the answer for us?

Things that have NOT worked so far include: 12+ different types of sippy and straw cups, warming the milk, adding chocolate to the milk, offering the milk in sippys at different times of day, holding him while he drinks from the sippy, letting him walk around with the sippy, and cutting out juice to reduce other liquid calories. We're plum out of ideas...

No comments: