Friday, September 23, 2011

WE HEART "THE HAT"

After our near-fiasco breakfast at Cracker Barrel at the beginning of the month, we took a couple weeks off from eating out with the kids... Last Friday I convinced Jay to give it another shot, since it was National Guacamole Day and all, so we hit The Hat. And we were shocked to be there an entire hour with TWO well-behaved kids who ate their dinner and totally entertained us the whole time. It was great! So we figured it was safe to do it again, and went back to our favorite kid-friendly restaurant tonight. And once again, the kids were wonderful and we all had a blast, heading home with very full bellies.

Cora enjoyed free reign with a straw while we waited on our entrees:
James loved blowing bubbles in his Daddy's water:
And BOTH kids ate rice (normally James won't even touch it), cheese quesadilla, and refried beans. James also ate some guacamole and a TON of sour cream (the kid is mildly obsessed, and was chanting "More sour cream p'ease! I want sour cream now!" until I conceded and gave him almost the full serving off my nachos).
We even bumped into a few coworkers while we were there. Another good end to the week!

So, who thinks James needs a haircut? He's about a month overdue, and we've been holding off, trying to decide whether we want to grow it out a bit or somehow change the style. If we even CAN change the style, since his hair is as fine and straight as his Mama's... Let us know if you have any suggestions!

1 comment:

Michelle Bourne said...

Before reading your question about James' hair, when I saw his picture I thought to myself, "I like his shaggy hair look." I think it is cute long, but of course it's cute short too! Sorry, I know I'm no help.