Friday, September 30, 2011

"OOH, CAR PANTS!"

That's what James said when I handed him his new PJ pants this morning, so I guess he approves!
This time I used a pattern (the Kids Pants pattern from MADE). It's sized for 2T/3T, and is definitely on the 3T end as far as length! No worries though, I can just increase the hem and they should fit fine. James has a VERY long torso, but average length legs, so he's just now starting to fit into his 2T pants/shorts (even though he's been in size 3T shirts for months). At least I remember his waist measurement as I was sewing last night, so the fit there is perfect. I think with the next pair of pants I make him (I have another great flannel in a dino pattern, sent to me by Danielle - who also sent this Cars flannel to me - THANK YOU!), I'll make my own pattern again. The flared leg of this pattern is just a bit too much for me (even though it DID make sewing the hem really easy). His 70's-style pose in the photo probably isn't helping though. And add in his rapidly growing hair and hazelwood necklace, and he definitely looks the part of a hippy child...

No comments: