...I took the kids downtown to check out Fall Fest!

(Jay actually had his first test today, so he was doing more than studying, and he definitely needed a quiet house to get it done!)
Just like every other "Fest" in the 'Burg, this one had a flea market, sidewalk sale, carnival-style food and vendors, and "jumpy things" for the kids. I burned many calories pushing my 25 lb double umbrella stroller + 53 lbs of babies up and down hills, and all around, and it was worth it. I didn't buy anything (food or otherwise), but we checked it all out and bumped into some friends, then headed down to the river to sightsee, and over to the park for some playtime with our buddy Gabriel. And I was very thankful to have bumped into Michelle and Lucas, because it was MUCH easier to watch 2 kids alone at the park with their assistance. (Honestly, we were there for only 5 minutes or so before Michelle texted me that she was downtown and was going to come meet us at the park, and I'd already been running in circles chasing Cora and trying to keep James - my fearless climber - in my line of sight. I know it will be easier when Cora is a little older and can keep up with her brother, but I think in the meantime, when Daddy can't come along, we'll do something besides the park...)









No comments:
Post a Comment