We weren't planning to do anything Halloweeny today, but we ended up with a last minute invitation to a trunk-or-treat party at the Knights of Columbus. And we HAD to go, since we were invited by our friends Michelle and Noelle, from our old daycare. James was so happy to see Gabriel again, and Cora wanted nothing to do with me once she had the option of going from Michelle to Noelle and back again. After running in circles for FOREVER, the boys finally settled enough to go outside and participate in the trunk-or-treat (for those who don't do such things - maybe it's a Southern thing? - it's trick-or-treating at the trunks of vehicles in a parking lot, rather than going door-to-door, so it's much safer, faster, and less tiring on little bodies). When the boys were done, somebody gave James a tiny flashlight. He looked into his little bag and exclaimed "My have CANDY!" I guess that even though I thought he had trick-or-treating all figured out, there was still something missing in that connection to candy... Needless to say, he was then especially thrilled with the activity and wanted to do it again. Instead, we piled onto the "hayride" (there was no hay, but James was happy to ride in the tractor trailer nonetheless). We all enjoyed the hayride until a couple of guys (party participants) jumped out the woods and dumped a stink bomb on us. Yup, burning eyes and nose for me and my babies. An d because Cora was strapped to my back, I couldn't easily/quickly get to her to rescue her. At least was on Lucas' lap (Gabriel's daddy), and he was able to cover the boys' faces. I was not impressed, and it was definitely time to call it a night at that point.
Before the party, however, and after the park, I fed the kids PB (no J, at their request) sandwiches for dinner on the floor in the laundry room. Since the house is still a disaster from the Halloween party and we haven't even put the booster seats back on the kitchen chairs. When I came back in to check on them after getting my own snack, I found them like this:
Such improvisers.
Such improvisers.
No comments:
Post a Comment