Thursday, October 6, 2011

SHARING IS CARING

After the picnic and naps (well, nap, I suppose, since only James stayed asleep once we got home from the Corps Day festivities), the kids went on a shopping mission with me. I had 2 goals: find something for each of us to wear in family portraits this weekend and hunt for long-sleeved yellow shirts for the kids Halloween costumes. Of course, as soon as I loaded them into the car, Cora fell asleep. And refused to wake up once we got to the outlets.
Oh well. I found shirts for our portraits, and came up with an idea for the kids' costumes (since I couldn't find the yellow shirts anywhere, including every single online store I could think of). And since the kids were well behaved, and James BEGGED for it, they got ice cream again. Well, James did. I didn't want any, and I knew Cora didn't need her own cup, especially since she was still dosing. Of course, she woke up as soon as James had his treat in hand. Lucky for her, he is the sweetest big brother ever, and shared with her. Without my prompting. I'm pretty sure he sacrificed about half his cone for her. If that isn't love, I don't know what is...

No comments: