Saturday, October 29, 2011

WALLY-WORLD

Our kids LOVE the grocery store. They really do. And I hope they always like to go shopping with us (and continue to behave themselves as well as they do now - they always make us look good in public). James gets SO excited when I talk about grocery shopping or whenever we drive past Kroger. He will yell "I go in the shopping cart!" and "I go to the store with Mommy!" Needless to say, when we visited the other grocery store last weekend (AKA Walmart), he was ecstatic. Because it's huge. And there is way more than groceries to look at. And THEN, I found a double-seater shopping cart, and put both kids side-by-side for the first time, and the boy was in heaven. He didn't even mind that Cora laid her head lazily on his shoulder through half the trip.

We've been holding out on those "car carts" though. You know the ones. It's not that we're worried about germs and whatnot (because, really, what's the point? they touch EVERYTHING, everywhere we go anyway), but we know that once we use one, the kids will ALWAYS want to use one. And since there are only 2 of them at our Kroger, well, you can imagine how seldom we'd actually be able to grab hold of one.

No comments: