I found this idea on Pinterest the other day, and figured it would be pretty easy to execute. Place your child's initial (or any letter or shape you want) onto a piece of paper with painter's tape, let them paint (with brushes, droppers, finger paints, using their feet to make prints - whatever), set the paintings aside to dry, then peel off the painter's tape to reveal their masterpieces. I was impresed that Cora was interested in joining in on the painting fun this time around. She has a painting/coloring technique very similar to what James used at this age (stabbing the brush or crayons onto the paper), and I had to laugh when I saw her mix all her colors together on her palette BEFORE painting on her "canvas".

James went through all his paint very quickly, and requested refills. I thought it was so cute that they kept checking each other out, like they were trying to figure out exactly what they were suppose to be doing.
I would say that, from start to finish, the activity kept them happily busy for about 10 minutes. Then it became more fun to paint themselves and each other. Then James wanted the hose. Until he realized how cold the water was... So we packed it in and had an early bath.
After dinner, their paintings had dried enough to remove the tape. I think they turned out pretty cute. Jay is going to put them up in his office!

I would say that, from start to finish, the activity kept them happily busy for about 10 minutes. Then it became more fun to paint themselves and each other. Then James wanted the hose. Until he realized how cold the water was... So we packed it in and had an early bath.
After dinner, their paintings had dried enough to remove the tape. I think they turned out pretty cute. Jay is going to put them up in his office!
No comments:
Post a Comment