Friday, October 14, 2011

EVIL DOC

Dude. The kids are sick. Again. They've been coughing all week, and it seemed much worse yesterday morning. So after the fun of the pumpkin patch, and a naptime that didn't involve any napping, they both got to pay a visit to the good doc. Unfortunately, our good doc wasn't working yesterday afternoon, so instead we saw an evil doc. She was mean, mean, mean, and we won't ever be seeing her again!
But at least we got in and out quickly. Both kids have "a touch of bronchitis", so they each got a shot in the leg and an Rx. James was super good (despite the evil doc barking at him and scaring him), but Cora was NOT having it. Lack of a nap is partly to blame, but still. I think my ears were bleeding. She screamed like a banshee for 14 straight minutes. Yes, I timed her. She wouldn't calm down no matter what I tried. Even James tried to stop her screams by hugging and kissing her, something that usually does the trick, since she adores him above all others. Then as we were stuck waiting in the hall to leave (for some reason they wouldn't let us wait in the exam room while the doc wrote out their prescriptions), one of the receptionists held her phone to her shoulder complaining that she couldn't hear over Cora's screams. Oh, I'm sorry. This IS a pediatrician's office though, right? Where sick and sad kids go? Pretty sure my poor, coughing, overtired and overstimulated 16-month-old (who probably also sensed her mama's extreme dislike of the doctor) is not to blame. It's a shame though, Baby Doll could have enjoyed her very first sucker, if she hadn't thrown it to the floor in a fit of rage...
Don't worry, they both slept great last night and were in good spirits this morning. Still coughing, but happier. James even survived his 2nd trip to the dentist this morning, with flying colors. For his teeth, anyway. He wasn't impressed with the cleaning or exam this time. I don't think he got a gold sticker for behavior.

1 comment:

Al and Christina said...

You very carefully didn't name names, but I can guess who you saw.... :)