Last night, right before bed, as I was getting some last minute chores done in the kitchen and Jay was upstairs for a minute, I suddenly heard this from the bathroom: "Come on Co-wah, gotta brush!" Naturally, I went to investigate.
And this is what I found:
And this is what I found:
James was teaching his Sissy how to brush her teeth. Running her toothbrush under the sink for her, pretending to put toothpaste on it for her (he can't open the tube), and showing her how to go back and forth. And she was totally following his every move. Of course, he wouldn't let her stand on the stool with him at the sink, but I'm fine with that. She'd probably just fall off anyway, poor clumsy little thing...
Other than being completely adorable, this is great because just a few months ago, James HATED to have his teeth brushed. Then we learned a trick from his Auntie T'in and Uncle Davey: sing a tooth-brushing song each and every time, and eventually it becomes a fun thing. Yup, that worked. We couldn't come up with anything on our own, so we got a CD of songs called "Baby Clean Fun", meant to be sung to kids during those "less than pleasant" times, like teeth brushing, room cleaning, toenail clipping, etc. The songs are mostly ridiculous, sung by 2 moms that can carry a tune slightly better then I can, but the kids think they're great. And that's all that matters.
Other than being completely adorable, this is great because just a few months ago, James HATED to have his teeth brushed. Then we learned a trick from his Auntie T'in and Uncle Davey: sing a tooth-brushing song each and every time, and eventually it becomes a fun thing. Yup, that worked. We couldn't come up with anything on our own, so we got a CD of songs called "Baby Clean Fun", meant to be sung to kids during those "less than pleasant" times, like teeth brushing, room cleaning, toenail clipping, etc. The songs are mostly ridiculous, sung by 2 moms that can carry a tune slightly better then I can, but the kids think they're great. And that's all that matters.
"Gotta brush, gotta brush, gotta brush brush BRUSH!"
No comments:
Post a Comment