Friday, August 30, 2013

MY MILLION MILE RUN

 ALEX’S LEMONADE STAND FOUNDATION is going the distance to find a cure for childhood cancer, and I want to help. 
I've signed up to contribute to their effort by running 100 miles in the month of September (Childhood Cancer Awareness Month), to raise funds via donations to my personal fundraising page (I am not running as part of a team, though others are welcome to join me if they are interested in raising funds with me!), and help spread the word of the need to support childhood cancer research.
I am running my 100 miles in honor of Christopher in the hope that funds raised through Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation's Million Mile Run for cancer research will benefit him and all the other children battling childhood cancer.
 Thank you in advance for helping me reach my goal! You can track my monthly miles here on the blog by checking out my DailyMile widget (on the lower righthand side of the blog) or by logging into my fundraising page. I plan to update weekly here on the blog with a mileage tally, fundraising stats, and a recap of anything interesting pertaining to my runs or fundraising efforts.

No comments: