Monday, August 12, 2013

PROGRESS

Tomorrow Jay goes to the doc, gets the details on why his surgery took 3.5x longer than expected, and will have his cast put on. Hopefully the cast (after some initial new pain due to manipulation) will make his ankle feel better and he'll be less worried about the kids bumping into it.

Coming downstairs for bedtime stories, his sweet new ride parked close by, ankle propped on a comfy basket of freshly folded laundry (and a pillow for good measure):
(This photo is actually from last night. Today he was able to come downstairs when I got off work, and was sweet enough to watch the kids solo for 2 hours while I went to spin class. They didn't make it easy on him, but he says it wasn't too bad. Our friend Mary Beth brought us a delicious dinner of jambalaya, corn on the cob, and corn bread, so I was super grateful for the ability to go to class and know that Jay was well fed while I was out - and I had two huge helpings when I got home, delicious! Thank you Mary Beth!)

No comments: