I ran 3.1 miles for Christopher this morning (Robyn and Stephen won the biggest group award and largest fundraising effort for their SuperHero 5K, which I would have loved to attend in person if we didn't live 2000 miles away). I needed a long run though, so I tacked on another 10 miles, which gave me a total of 13.1 for The Gryffindor 21k (a virtual race that I signed up for this month, and part of the #OneHRC
House Marathon, for which registration funds will help Big Cat Rescue
in Tampa build a new bobcat rehabilitation facility that minimizes human
contact so the cats can return to the wild). I hadn't run that long in many months, and the heat/humidity was a challenge as always, but knowing that my miles (well, my donations - nobody will check my Garmin to ensure I completed my mileage for these virtual events) counted towards something far more important than a simple training run made it a lot easier to push through to the end. The only thing that could have made the run better today would have been a rainbow over the Navy monument... but sunrise was sure pretty!

No comments:
Post a Comment