Thursday, September 21, 2017

SICK SISSY TAKES CARE OF HERSELF

Cora had an upset tummy on the way home from dance and an hour of playing at ChickFilA last night, hardly ate any of her dinner, and opted to go to bed early (7:20 rather than 7:30, or 8:00 as it often is on dance and soccer nights lately). Jay was out at 10 South, so I sent her to bed with the "big red bowl" and told her to call me if she had a problem, since I still needed to get James fed, showered, and read to before bed. All seemed well and James stayed up late reading (9:00, because he was really into his book and I was busy doing chores and lost track of time), so when I finally got him to sleep I checked on Cora and she seemed ok too. I filled my water bottle, grabbed my phone, and finally settled into the couch with my feet up only to hear "Mama! Mama! Mammmaaaaa!"
Poor baby exploded and did not quite make it to the bowl (thank goodness Jay walked in literally 30 seconds later to help with cleanup and Cora calming). Once we had her cleaned she refused new PJs and refused to go back in her room. We offered to set up a cot upstairs by our bed, but she refused to get off the bathroom floor. She said she didn't want to move because moving made it worse "and I feel lots better now that I vomited it all up anyway". So we got her a pillow and blanket (thankfully we had just purchased a new tub-length memory foam bathmat last week, which made a pretty comfortable bed, apparently), and crossed our fingers. And we didn't hear a peep. When our alarm went off this morning we rushed downstairs to check on her only to find her still asleep, with more yuck in the bowl. I gently woke her and questioned how she was feeling... "Still yucky" and a bit warm (almost a fever at 100). Obviously she was staying home regardless. When I questioned the contents of the bowl she said she got sick a couple more times, but didn't want to wake us, so she just took care of herself. Well then. Luckily she was almost 100% better by lunch (Jay stayed home with her and said she was dressing up and crafting by 10:00am...), so I didn't feel too guilty.

No comments: