Saturday, October 13, 2018

OVER THE RIVER RUN 2018

I haven't raced much this year, and the races I have participated in have mostly been incorporated into long runs, with today being no exception. I showed up early, ran 4 miles, did the Over the River Run 5-miler (my favorite race in Vicksburg, which I do every year that I'm in town for it), then added a couple more miles before the awards ceremony/party. I was part of a USACE team again this year, but purposely put myself on the back of the pack team so I wouldn't disappoint anyone. As usual, I really enjoyed the event and had a lot of fun hanging out with friends before, during, and after!

Most of the USACE runners - not everyone had arrived on site yet:
Scenes from my pre-race miles:
Most of the ladies doing the St. Jude half marathon (and me):
Race pics:
And running by the train during my extra miles:
Post-race sweaty photo with the whole St. Jude group (minus Christina, who was enjoying her birthday in Clinton)!
(clockwise: Kelsey, me, Jenny, Clare, Sarah, Melissa, Bridget, Michelle, Marisol, and Angela)

No comments: