Tuesday, March 10, 2009

HAPPY ONE-WEEK BIRTHDAY

Today James is one-week old, so we thought we'd post a few new adorable photos! Here is James in his drama pose, very reminiscent of how my brother used to behave as a child:

And here he is in his sexy beach pose, as Jay calls it (this is directly following a feeding, hence the nakedness):

Here is James in the first sleeper we've put him in (the gowns and kimono-style outfits are lifesavers for new parents who are nervous about over-the-head clothes and quick diaper changes). This little rocket-ship outfit is a hand-me-down, and we love it! Too bad he only wore it for a few hours today before we had a major "pee incident"... I have now learned that baby boys can release an enormous amount of urine in a very short time, and in many directions at once! Side note to David & Taryn: as adorable as they are, even the "pee pee tee pees" wouldn't have handled this mess! And another side note to David & Taryn and Jamie & Chris (who we just found out are expecting a baby BOY, to be named Tyson Mathew, the 4th great-grandson in the Jackson family - CONGRATULATIONS!): if the phone rings during a diaper change, don't answer it - that is a sure way to end up with pee in your face and a wet, screaming baby!And for one final photo, here is James with his daddy this morning following a feeding and diaper change. I passed James over to his daddy and went to the bathroom, and when I came back to bed, this is what I found:

2 comments:

Margie said...

LOL he does look like what David used to. I can definitly see you Denise in his face in the picture of him with the blue sleeper on. I think his mouth looks a lot like Jay. These are precious pictures. Especially of Daddy and James sleeping!

Anonymous said...

Ok, the pee pee story is hilarious. I'm sure it is the first of many. Ha. It's good to see that someone is getting sleep! Precious picture of James sleeping with his dad.