Wednesday, March 10, 2010

CRADLE FOR CORA

Upon learning that I was carrying a baby girl in my belly, I called my Dad and asked him whether he would be willing to build her a doll cradle like the one he made for me when I was little. And he did even better than agreeing to do so - he produced my old cradle, which he had safely stored in his garage all these years:

It's in wonderful condition and I am so excited to share this toy with my daughter! I can recall YEARS of playing with it as a child. It housed my baby dolls, my stuffed animals, and even my cat now and then. We might enlist Jean to create a new mattress/pillow, but other than that, it is ready to bring years of joy to little miss Cora! Thanks Dad!

In other Cora news, I had my 24-week appointment this morning. Baby girl was a mover, but the doc eventually managed to clock her at 158bpm, good and strong. It made me laugh that she made a note in her files of "very active baby" - so true! In fact, I think Cora's even more active than James was in utero. She kicks a lot, as did he, but she definitely flips around more. There was no ultrasound to check the placenta (and none scheduled for next time either), but I'm not worried. Jay has been able to feel her kicks since I hit 21-weeks (the exact same time he started feeling James kick), so things must be going well. I checked out OK too. My blood pressure was perfect for once - perhaps getting up early to grab the first appointment of the day is worth it for more than just the quick in-and-out time (only half an hour)! My next appointment is in 4 weeks, and it'll be a doozy: the 1-hour gestational diabetes test, more bloodwork, AND a Rhogam shot. FUN stuff...

And just for Cora, here is the updated belly photo (it's been a BIG 5 weeks, eh?):
Gotta love growth spurts... and birthday cupcakes...

No comments: