Thursday, November 3, 2011

MOMMY'S DAYS

After running 1.5 miles with the kids in the jogger on Tuesday, James requested "I go up the BIG stairs!", so I let them loose on the Illinois Memorial.


Good thing we were alone, since they decided to lay in the middle of the room and howl like coyotes. They are so LOUD! And they loved the echo. I have a feeling Daddy taught them that trick last week.


Then today, since I had run yesterday (2 miles - my personal best so far since I've started back to running, and it was in my Vibram FiveFingers), I decided to take the day off and take the kids for ice cream instead. I've had a giftcard to Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory burning a hole in my pocket since my birthday (thanks again Michelle!), and I wanted to get James a couple pairs of cheap fleece pants from the outlet mall for school (we have to keep 1-2 full outfits for him in his school bag, since he's still considered a "new" potty trainee, and still has the occasional accident, or two...). Lucky kid got a new pair of shoes too (I realized while walking around that his toes were touching the ends of his tennis shoes), but Cora was sorely disappointed that she didn't get any. And James was actually quite sad at first when I vetoed the "Light-ing Queen" shoes he really wanted (U G L Y). Good thing Mama holds the wallet!

No comments: