After a REAL tea party featuring
Rooibos tea (which both kids liked, but James especially), we settled down for a large South African dinner party. The menu featured
bobotie,
chicken in balsamic barbeque sauce, "monkey burgers" (sliders made with
monkeygland sauce, which contains no monkey products, don't worry), and lamb stew (I have the recipe for anyone who wants it, prepared by Oliver who was raised in South Africa). EVERYONE went back for seconds, so it was another successful Ethnic Supper Club theme!
 |
| Yes, the kids had applesauce too. And eventually cheese sticks and PBJ, since the sauces were a bit spicy for them (and they are picky toddlers). |
 |
| No, our wine was not from South Africa. But we did sample some beers after the wine, one of which was a porter from South Africa (and I actually liked it - and I don't normally enjoy porters). |
 |
| Sorry I don't take beautiful food photos, but here is my desert. Upside down apple pie (for which I also have the recipe - Keri, Oliver's wife, made it for the British/Dutch influence) and Malva pudding. Both we delicious! I'm actually going to attempt to make that apple pie some day (I've never baked a pie from scratch before!) and I'm pretty sure we need to make the pudding again for James (he ate his serving PLUS Cora's serving - she's not really into sweets unless it's straight up chocolate or cookies.) |
No comments:
Post a Comment