Saturday, September 14, 2013

ICE ICE BABY

I like to take an ice bath after any run longer than 10 miles, but I didn't have time for that today. Besides, we needed 5 bags of ice for brewing and 1 for soccer, so I didn't feel like buying even more ice just to sit around in... Especially after my experience last weekend... FYI, 3 bags of ice is too much. It numbs your toes to the point they hurt. Owie owie owie. 2 bags is perfect. In the summer (when our water is super heated). Only 1 bag is needed in the winter. Anyway, earlier this week I finally caved and invested in a second ice wrap, so now I can ice my shins (my current and usual "problem area") while cleaning house or running errands or whatever. Nothing screams classy like doing errands around town in your stinky running clothes and fluorescent ice wraps around your legs... Especially in a small town where you invariably run into 7 people you know at any one locale. But hey, whatever gets the job done, right? I'm all about multitasking...

No comments: