Friday, September 20, 2013

UPCOMING 14-MILER AND RAISING THOSE MMR FUNDS!

I have 10 days left to raise my goal funds for the Million Mile Run, and I KNOW I can do it!


My current mileage for the month of September is 65! (I'm not sure why my tracked miles under Event Details says 67.35... they take them directly from my MapMyRun account, so something must be getting lost in translation.) Regardless, that leaves me with 35 miles to run in 10 days (and $145 to raise!), and since I have 42 miles on my schedule for those days, I know I'll make my goal even if I miss a run or cut one short (I've been dealing with some shin pain this week). I guarantee you that I WILL run 100 miles this month! In fact, I have my first run longer than half marathon distance planned for this weekend (a 14-miler that will cover all the main roads of the military park) and I'm not the least bit nervous about it. I'll be out there with my good buddies, the weather will be gorgeous (even if it rains while we're out there, at least it will be COOLER), and we all have new badass hydration vests (thanks to The Clymb for their awesome sale) to keep us well hydrated and store enough snacks for a small army. My goal is to take at least one photo of us out there looking so awesome. (That is sarcasm, obviously. I, at least, will be a tired sweaty mess, likely wearing the giant compression socks and a goofy hat on top of the fancy vest. Though we ARE kinda badass these days. And really, the vests ARE cool, in a "highly functional" context...) Anyway, I'll check in later this weekend and let you know how it went. In the meantime, please send me your good running vibes!

No comments: