 |
| Not wanting to wear tights and a leotard to work on Halloween, I opted for a less revealing costume and dressed up as a Lincoln High School track coach (after finding my old warmup jacket at the bottom of our Halloween bin). I wanted to dress up as my dad, since he was everyone's favorite assistant track (and cross country) coach, hence the BACON socks (for "Coach Bacon", of course). To really pull it off though I would have needed jeans instead of running shorts (but then you wouldn't have been able to see my BACON socks, duh), a stopwatch (my dad was famous for standing at the corner of the track and reminding you just how many laps you had left and yelling your splits at you), and a Lincoln Trojans cap (instead of a visor). I may have to revist this costume another year... |
 |
| Ms. Tina and her kindergarten class lining up to head out to the festival (after trick-or-treating the classrooms). Jay and I walked in to chaos as the kids made loops around the school getting candy from each teacher! |
 |
| Ms. Kati's K4 class anxiously waiting to head outside. |
 |
| There were little carnival type games all over the backyard/playground. Here James was doing some sort of peg board ball drop and Cora was launching tennis balls at duct taped toilet paper rolls. |
Ms. Tina (as Alice in Wonderland, the new movie version) is everyone's favorite teacher!
 |
| Duck fishing (I think they got to pick the number of treats that was written on the bottom of the duck?) |
 |
| Harrison was a cute little Olaf! |
 |
| Ring toss! (And a good view of the playground "equipment" that AMCA has... one old plastic toddler play house on the left, a metal pyramid climbing structure in the back, and the old half broken swingset on the right... We raised $800 in the dollar fundraiser, with James and Cora bringing in over 20% of those dollars! We have since had another catalog fundraiser, and will likely have more every month or two through the rest of the year. With any luck, the school will be able to order real playground equipment this summer, just in time for our kiddos to move to public school...) |
 |
| Dropping pennies into a cup, inside an aquarium. |
 |
| I did the sack race with Cora. Neither of us won... |
 |
| Ms. Amy, our director, as Dorothy. |
 |
| Cora with Ms. Kati, who is sadly leaving us in January for a new job. They're going to have a hard time replacing her! |
 |
| Olaf and Elsa! |
No comments:
Post a Comment