James woke up crying with fever (102) and a nasty cough this morning, and complaining that his feet hurt. He couldn't/wouldn't stand up, so I carried him to the bathroom and proceeded to press firmly on both his feet (then his legs, since there was zero reaction out of him). I kinda figured he hadn't broken any bones in his sleep, so I assumed it was body aches from the fever. After dropping Cora at school, we went straight to the doctor, where they immediately did a flu swab since there's a bad strain still going around town (that's 3 weeks now...) and most of the kids they've seen have complained about sore feet or back ache to start with. In ten minutes we had a confirmation, followed by (expensive!) TAMIFLU prescriptions for all of us (because really, what are the chances that none of the rest of us will get this?...) James fell asleep on the exam table while the doctor gave me the rundown on how to treat him (and the rest of us), then again in the car on the way home, poor bud.
We'll be skipping Talon's birthday party tomorrow (obviously) and plan to just lay low all weekend. Fingers crossed the TAMIFLU keeps the rest of us in the clear and that James gets past it quickly (he's been a champ so far and hasn't even lost his appetite or ability to drink Gatorade, and is currently napping).
P.S. This was my second trip to the doc this week, since I went in Tuesday afternoon and left with a "you just barely dodged getting pneumonia" diagnosis due to my 2+ month cough and sore throat (I figured it was just a cold, or allergies), and newly developed raspy voice and rattle in my chest (I assume that was new, anyway, since the on-station doc that checked me out before Christmas never bothered listening to my lungs). Extra meds for mama!
No comments:
Post a Comment