Mom and dad hosted a BBQ today for family and friends, and while none of my high school friends ended up being able to attend, it was a very nice, relaxing day with my grandparents and aunt and uncle. The kids took some portraits (I'll get the real ones from Jay later - these are just a few from my phone), played in the sprinklers, and sang Happy Birthday to Cora a little bit early. It was the perfect end to this family-centric visit to the west coast and we're very grateful for all the quality time we had with everyone on this trip. We love you guys and certainly hope to make visits more often (or at least never go 2 years between visits out west again!)
They were reading PawPaw's flag and hooting like owls
Her smile throughout the birthday song was just too sweet!
Birthday present time!
Grambot got her fancy markers (just like the ones mama has and doesn't like to share)
Mom and Taryn and I snuck out for some girl time (and Chinese food) at the end of the night, and when we got back David and the kiddos had needed to head home (some folks had to work the next day), so mom and I went over there for goodbyes and snuggles. I was this close to getting to take Addy home with me - sweet girl had me in tears and I didn't want to put her down!
What a wonderful family trip this was - we love you all SO VERY MUCH!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment