Thursday, August 25, 2016

LITTLE MISS CLAIREE

The only thing that separates us from the animals is our ability to accessorize.
Clairee Belcher
 Cora hasn't seen Steel Magnolias, but I have a feeling she'd like Miss Clairee... When shopping for school shoes last month, I showed her a few pairs online (including the blue Vans that she wore on the first day of school, that she insisted on getting with the pink stripe instead of the white stripe). I had wanted to get her a pair of black Mary Janes to wear with her dresses (and to double as dressy shoes for the inevitable Thanksgiving/Christmas programs and other potential dress-up opportunities this fall/winter), but she vetoed every single pair and said she needed something "colorful". Well, when you Google (I mean, Amazon-search) "colorful Mary Janes", you get quite a selection. Rainbows it is!
P.S. James had near zero input when selecting school shoes (or uniforms in general - Cora wanted ONLY blue and white, and ONLY dresses and skirts, though I did get her one pair of shorts). The only thing he requested was "light up shoes", which he hasn't had in a couple years, so I acquiesced. Besides, the red looks good with the navy and white (and now he loves it when I tell him he "looks sharp").

No comments: