James' first GATES project/homework assignment was to create an 8.5x11 "fake" campaign poster. The instructions said to come up with an "office" to run for, include a slogan and a picture of the "candidate", and then list some things that describe the candidate. So, basically, a fancier/more creative "About Me" project. After reading the instructions together last night (somebody forgot to bring the project home earlier this week, but that's ok - he's working on these things!), James quickly told me that his favorite things are Lego Dimensions and the Ghostbusters movies (the originals - we haven't seen the new one yet). He came up with the concept (including the portal, and Slimer and himself on the little blue Lego Dimensions disks that the characters are built upon) and the slogan by himself, as well as some of the description bullets (I helped with some of them because he was tired and it was late by the time he got home from his Den meeting). He did all the drawing, coloring, and cutting for Slimer (holding a sausage, of course) and the portal himself, and Jay and I helped cut out his photo (back to school picture!) and some Ghostbuster accessories (they were just too small and detailed for him - plus, it was a family project according to the instructions, so we figured we were supposed to do some of it anyway). For a last-minute creation, I think it turned out really cute. James was pretty excited to take it into GATES today to show it off:
P.S. If you haven't heard his puns yet, you should. I know, I know. PUNS. But he's pretty dang good at them (and completely cracks himself up with them - if you don't laugh along, he'll simply repeat it and then explain it to you, because he figures you just don't get it, otherwise you'd be laughing too).

No comments:
Post a Comment