Pinewood Derby 2017 is in the books!
And I'm happy to have my kitchen table back ;-)
Just like last year, it was really neat to see the kids come up with their ideas and help daddy design the cars. Luckily for us, Jay is very good at the cutting and shaping and sanding and perfecting so that the cars run smooth and straight and fast! James wanted a "Tardis on Wheels" (he does not watch Dr. Who, but he plays the Dr. Who level on Lego Dimensions and loves it), Cora wanted a purple Flash car (last year she had Pink Flash and James had a regular red Flash), and I wanted a cute gray kitty like Cannon (but Jay told me a rounded head and body and tail was out of the question, so the kids helped me come up with a pixelated/squared, MineCraft kitty - an ocelot - and when I told them I didn't want a yellow car, they said "That's OK, you can make an electrified ocelot, they're blue!")
 |
| He used his Lego Tardis as inspiration |
 |
| Dr. Who got the honor of driving the Tardis down the race track |
 |
| I thought it turned out pretty good for a non-MineCraft playing mama... |
 |
| Checking our cars in (making sure they'd the correct dimensions and not overweight) |
 |
| My little entrepreneur brought some of last year's cookies and set herself up to sell Girl Scout cookies to all the Cub Scouts dropping their cars off! |
 |
| Pack 7 cars (minus the few boys who didn't participate, plus a slew of family category cars) |
Wolf Den cars to the left (all 7 boys participated!) and family cars to the right
 |
| James (1st), Avery (2nd), and Jacob (3rd) for Wolf Den |
 |
| The Electric Ocelot took 4th in the family category, but the first place winner (one of our doctors) refused his trophy, so I took third. Jay was surprised that boxy thing moved so quick! (And Cora was not pleased that hers came in after mine - we went head-to-head down the race track.) |
 |
| Wolf Den boys! |
 |
| Me and my little loves - it was a really fun afternoon! |
No comments:
Post a Comment