Friday, May 12, 2017

LUNCH DUTY

To end Teacher Appreciation Week, we gave the teachers a kid-free lunch by having parents volunteer over the lunch hours to monitor the cafeteria. I was supposed to be keeping them quiet, but instead I had a lot of nice conversations with some very sweet kids, including my own knuckleheads... I learned during lunch that they've each had their own cafeteria "account" (used to buy ice cream only, since lunch is provided free), which they started with their own money from their piggy banks. I guess having mama and daddy tell you no, that you don't need ice cream at lunch and should instead be finishing the lunch we lovingly pack each day, is not a deterrent when you have your own funds (or are good at sweet talking your friends or their parents out of quarters here and there to add to your account)... I wanted to be mad, but really, that's pretty ingenious of them.

No comments: