I guess I should have
knocked on wood a couple months ago when I celebrated an earlier debt-free
expectation date than originally planned... Turns out unexpected things come
up unexpectedly, like copays for an MRI and specialist and knee surgery and physical
therapy, owing a ton of money to federal taxes (a wipe-out-the-savings-accounts
ton), both vehicles being due for expensive maintenance at the same time, and
the sudden death of our washing machine... Then throw in recital costs
(costumes, convention center rental fee, and the extra production number fee) times two kids this year, end of the school year costs (field day shirts,
teacher appreciation week gifts, end of the year parties for school and
Scouts), registration fees for summer Daycamp and fall dance classes, the
chicken coop expansion (yeah, those cute little babies all turning out to be
female means we need a bigger coop to accommodate the whole flock), and our
recent Dallas trip (that was booked back in October, long before I hurt my knee
or knew what our taxes would look like this year)... It's amazing how it all
adds up... So boo-hoo, right? Our debt-free status will just have to wait a
little longer while we deal with the here and now (and plan ahead for the tax
invasion next year, now that we know better!) I think we can still swing it by
the end of 2017, but I'm not making any promises that I'll have to knock on
wood for! I'm just grateful that we're still moving forward (and not having to
add to our debt with these setbacks). Motivation and determination are
powerful things!
No comments:
Post a Comment