Thursday, August 20, 2009

BREAKING THE "RULES"

Well, it's official. Last night was James' first night sleeping on his tummy. We're not sure when he flipped because we never heard a peep out of him, but I know he was still soundly sleeping on his back when I went to bed at 10:30pm. There was no night-waking with him spinning circles on his back or scooting around his crib like a billiard ball (Baby James in the corner pocket!), not even an early morning babbling session (he's been waking up and talking to himself from 4-5am for the past few mornings - practicing all his news words, we suppose - and he has a LOUD voice). However, when I woke up with my alarm this morning at 5:30am, this is how I found him:
Of course, I went in immediately to check on him (not panicked or anything, but I did feel my heart rate quicken), and he was doing great! His head was turned to the side and everything (the reason we'd been so worried about him tummy sleeping at night was because the few times we've caught him napping on his tummy lately, he's had his head face-down with his hands in/at his mouth). He ended up sleeping later than usual, and I eventually had to wake him up at 7am to nurse him and get him ready for daycare. Before I woke him, I took a better picture to document though:
See his little booty in the air? It's so cute! Our boy is getting so big... we had to order him new sleep sacks in the next size up (medium, for 6-12 months) and have pulled out his 6-9 month PJs because most of his 3-6 month PJs are too short in the legs (the fleece ones still fit fine, but they seem to run bigger than the cotton and thermal varieties for some reason). Here he is sporting some of his new sleep duds:
Pardon his sleepy eyes, but we had just woken him up. Hope you're all sleeping well these days (nights) too!

P.S. We think James is starting to show a bit of the Bacon cowlick up front... What do you think? We've been noticing it for the past couple of months as his new hair has grown in, but it's just now starting to show in photos.

No comments: