...RATTLESNAKE, that is!

We went outside this afternoon to release some fish into the new pond, turned around to go inside through the back door to the sunroom, and were greeted by a 3ft-long Timber Rattlesnake. Awesome! A first sighting of this particular species for both us. Well, James too, but I don't think he was paying attention... Isn't it beautiful?
Don't worry mom (and other future visitors), Jay immediately tossed it off into the woods and threw out some snake repellent, liberally, all around the sunroom and deck. This has worked before (with the copperheads, and the kingsnakes and rat snakes). We promise to keep you safe!
Don't worry mom (and other future visitors), Jay immediately tossed it off into the woods and threw out some snake repellent, liberally, all around the sunroom and deck. This has worked before (with the copperheads, and the kingsnakes and rat snakes). We promise to keep you safe!
(Erin, did we get it right this time?)
3 comments:
If that thing had crawled in my room like that little lizard... it would have been him or me! More than likely you would have found me dead from a heart attack. Can't you guys just have normal pets? How about a parakeet?
That thing is giving me the heebie jeebies!! I think I would probably have a heart attack if I came across that!! :)
Glad it was you and not me- haha
If I ever find a poisonous snake IN the house, I think I would faint! Outside in nature though is pretty cool. We don't want any more incidents like Christmas '07 where I actually STEPPED on a copperhead (in flip-flops) while walking to the front door from the driveway though, so that's why we used the repellent. It really works! That rattlesnake high-tailed it out of there immediately! Jay had to chase it down to move it far away from the house! I should have taken a picture of him with the rake...
Post a Comment