We celebrated St. Patty's Day with a dinner picnic at the park this year, and it was a great day for it! We hadn't gotten together with our friends the H-worths in months, due to the fact that someone in our house or theirs was always sick. Cue spring weather and healthy families - hooray! Amy (one of my favorite cooks!) made corned beef (YUM!) and pesto pizza and a green and orange fruit platter (to be fair). To contribute the Irish and/or green/orange food theme, I made potatoes, broccoli and snap peas, and shamrock cookies. We managed to eat plenty, even with the distracting call of the slides and swings...
It is a near-constant battle to remind our little tree-huggin' nature boy not to climb up the slides, but rather the stairs. He's good about following direction though.

Jason kept James and Azure swinging:

We played with bubbles for a while too. Until a little 6-year-old boy stole them from me. He was totally sneaky about it too. I was trying to be nice, sharing with the kids who swarmed me, letting each take turns blowing bubbles while I held the bottle. Then Mr. Sneaky said "Can I hold it?", and being the trusting person that I am, I said "Sure." Next thing I know he's walking off with my bubbles saying "I'm going to go play with this by my mom." Um...
I had been wanting to have the kids share a swing for months, but Jay kept telling me Cora was too little. Or that the swings weren't meant for 2 kids. Well, I beg to differ. They both fit great and Cora loved it! James, not so much (after the initial fun wore off, anyway). You'll get another turn soon Baby Doll, I promise.

I meant to take a photo of the river while we were at the park... We're near flood stage (currently at 40 ft) and rising, but it's expected to crest right at 43 ft at the end of the month. All the casino boats are floating and the beaches are under water though.And by the way, while Cora doesn't own anything green in her current size, don't think she went all day getting pinched. She had an awesome corker bow that arrived just in time for the holiday.
Oh, and green socks.
No comments:
Post a Comment