Sunday, August 12, 2012

FRENCH SUPPER CLUB

This edition of Ethnic Supper Club ranked right up there with Thai Night (which is still #1 though!) and Sushi Night. Everything was just SO GOOD, the kids ate really well (as you know, Cora likes everything - she even ate some of the soup, and James said that the chicken cordon bleu was "better than chicken nuggets"), and we of course enjoyed a few glasses of wine while we cooked, baked, and dined. The only thing not pictured are the popovers, but I assure you they were delicious too (we ate them too quickly to remember to document them)!

Vichyssoise Soup (a potato and onion soup, served cold)
Cora approved!
Chicken Cordon Bleu and Scalloped Potato Gratin  (SO much better than those boxed mixes, and just as easy to put together - we definitely need to start eating potatoes more often!)
Taking a break to make room for desert...
Drumroll please....... Chocolate Souffle!
Thanks for another amazing meal Sandy! I went to bed SO FULL and so happy, and I loved seeing my kids show off for you and steal your attention. And of course it totally melted my heart when James chased you out the door for a second goodbye hug, returning to the house to tell me "Ohhh, but I just love her TOO much!" A successful evening all around!



1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love your kids. They have such personality, and never fail to make me laugh. French supper club may have had the BEST leftovers. I was never so happy to warm up my lunch.