Thursday, August 30, 2012

ICE OBSESSION

Cora is addicted to ice. The quickest way to make her happy at a restaurant (while waiting on food, anyway) is to feed her ice. She begs for cups of it at home. And she is way more likely to drink her water or juice if there are ice cubes in it. I thought maybe it was just a trait she got from her daddy (Jay eats ice like it's going out of style), but this evening I realized there is more to it than that (though I DO think that plays a part - monkey see, monkey do). The poor girl has had 2 molars (the 2-year molars) pop through sometime in the past couple of weeks (we haven't been checking regularly, obviously). The bottom left has been in for a while (months, actually), now comes the top left and bottom right. Then she'll just have ONE last tooth and we'll be all done with teething for a while. Betcha she'll be even happier than her parents!

This is how she begs for ice. And food. We had a lesson yesterday in asking mommy nicely "May I have some ice please?" The girl is ridiculously strong (check out those biceps!), and as you already know, climbs on EVERYTHING. She hangs from doorknobs, counter tops, the bathroom sink pedestal, the fridge, and her Learning Tower. She climbs up and over couches, up the outside of the stairs (this morning she made it to step 5, trying to follow daddy upstairs, before we caught her!), up counters using the drawer pulls as a ladder (she's already busted one... the one right under the spot where I stand to cook, since she's always trying to get up and eat before I even get dinner finished), across the kitchen chairs, and up onto the kiddie table and train table. She is fearless. And quite willful...
The prize = snack trap of ice

No comments: