Or Froyo. Especially if there's chocolate and/or gummy bears involved.
Jay took James to the doc on Saturday morning when he woke with a croupy cough. Yup, croup again. The seasons changed, didn't ya know? I think the Deep South dropped a whole 15 degrees or so last week from the upper 100's down to the lower 90's. Apparently that was enough to trigger James' tendency for croup. Or maybe it was one of his buddies at the gym daycare who had a nasty sounding cough last Monday. Either way, he's got it, he's on antibiotics, he got a shot, and his cough medicine makes him sleep harder than usual.
I woke up with a scratchy, sore throat this morning. Head pressure built throughout the day, even with ibuprofen. And then the coughing, sneezing, and runny nose started. So rather than go to the gym (gasp, it's now been a full week since I've worked out - a record for 2012, and not one I'm happy about), I called for a last minute appointment and dragged the kids with me (so I could get a free peek into Cora's E/N/T as well - she's fine, just extra snotty). Turns out I have a sinus infection, so I get antibiotics too. And Zyrtec. And my own sleep-inducing cough syrup. Speaking of which, I'm getting quite drowsy...


No comments:
Post a Comment