Monday, October 8, 2012

BATMAN IS SUPER

Super HEALTHY, that is!
James got the all-clear from the doc at his followup appointment today (that's following up the ear infections and congestion that lasted for months, and for which he was on antibiotics for months). Apparently the Singular is helping. And perhaps our increased vigilance around the house against dust and cat hair. Whatever the reason, we're keeping him on Singular through December, just in case (he thinks those tiny crunchy "vitamins" taste like candy anyway - actually, both our kids are really into medicine for some reason...). And we are SO HAPPY he is finally off antibiotics (we were seriously sucking at remembering to give them to him near the end of that 30 days anyway).

He must be feeling better, because he gained TWO WHOLE POUNDS in the past month (and prior to that, he'd been holding at 35 lbs for about 5 months).

Bubble Baby also had a weight check. She's a healthy 2 lbs 2 oz.

Little Mama Cora got sick of carrying her around pretty much as soon as we got to the waiting room, so I carted Bubble around the pediatrician's office, and out through the hospital (each and every visit REQUIRES a trip up the elevator, around the 2nd floor, and back down the other elevator - it's nonnegotiable). And I kid you not, I had no less than 14 ladies stop me to tell me "Oh my gosh, I thought that was a real baby!" I must have really freaked them out when I was carrying Bubble in a nonchalant headlock...

She is eerily realistic though, right?
 Especially now that we have her dressed in preemie clothes, which cover her cloth body-meets-plastic hands and feet interface (purchased in an effort to convince Cora that wearing clothes is cool). Seriously though, what preemie-sized newborn would have that much hair? Then again, why am I surprised? These are the same Vicksburg folk who stopped me to ask whether Cora was a boy, for her entire first year of life and beyond (until about 18-months, when her hair started to grow in), even though I kept her almost entirely in pink from head-to-toe, with headbands and bows and flowers on her head.

No comments: