Thursday, October 18, 2012

MY BIRTHDAY "PERSONAL DAY"

Thank you all for the well wishes today - I did indeed have a great birthday!

I decided a couple days ago to take a personal day, so after dropping the kids at school, I hit the gym for a short run (which was cut even shorter than planned due to shin pain - NOT happy about that part, though I did enjoy my 9:00 miles in my new shoes with my new Garmin!) and some lap swimming (it takes me half an hour to swim a half mile - that seems so ridiculously slow to me!). And some spa soaking... Then it was off to the salon for a cut and color, followed by a short massage (which definitely made my legs feel better!), followed by a yummy lunch date with my Jaybird. I then had just enough time to hit the store for more Halloween supplies before picking the kids up from school. They seemed worn out from yesterdays excursion, so we skipped the park and went home to paint and craft instead (they both have Halloween school projects due tomorrow anyway). After his class, Jay came home to pick us up and we all went out for Mexican food at our favorite restaurant. We ended the night with presents and family phone calls (and Cora throwing a fit that lasted 3.5 hours... she didn't go to sleep until 11:30pm!), and I'm pretty sure I've started a new annual tradition for myself. Every mama needs at least one mental health day per year, right?

And in case you're wondering, I was serenaded 4 times today. This may have been the cutest version:

No comments: