Saturday, February 2, 2013

FREEDOM RIDGE PARK

Sophie had 22 miles on her schedule for today, so she and Jay carpooled to Madison to run 12 miles along the Natchez Trace Parkway trail. Alex and I joined them later so that I could run her final 10 miles with her, then all go out for lunch to replace all those burned calories. Sophie did awesome, and Jay and I each got one last good long run in before our half marathon (which is now just 3 weeks away). While we ran, Alex and the non-running Lindsay parent entertained the kiddos at Freedom Ridge Park, conveniently located within a half mile of the Trace trail. It was a beautiful day (warm enough to lose those jackets by 10:00am) and the kids expended a lot of energy climbing, biking, digging, and playing soccer, which is good, since their parents expended an equal if not greater amount of energy running...


 



No comments: