STRENGTH AND HEALING AND FAITH
I would like to thank the many of you who have continually checked in with me over the past week, inquiring about Christopher and letting me know that you are thinking about him and praying for him. It means a lot to me, and to Robyn and Stephen, to have so many people pulling for him. We have prayer chains coursing through congregations across the country, and individual prayers and positive thoughts being sent up from almost every state, and even overseas. Prayer and positive energy are powerful things.
I received a text from Stephen last Thursday that ended with a note that they needed some time to process the latest news, and I didn't want anyone to inundate their email/facebook, so I held off on writing anything here. I really don't know what they are comfortable with me sharing, and I certainly don't know the details as far as exact diagnosis or treatment plan, but I'll give a quick update for those of you who I know are loving Chris from afar. The biopsy results showed stage 4 neuroblastoma. He had a Hickman
line placed and has started an intense regimen of chemo (first round almost complete). He is getting the best proven treatment available.
I know you all want to help, that you wish there was something you could do. I understand because I feel the same way. I am grateful for the many of you that have kept Christopher at the forefront of your mind over the past week - don't let up. Please know that the best thing we can do for him right now is pray - for healing, and for strength.
If at some point programs are set up (i.e. to donate blood in Christopher's name), I will let you know, but there has obviously been no talk of that yet. Also, a few of you have asked me about an address to send notes of love and encouragement, and I will check with Robyn when I talk to her later this week to see if that is ok. If so, I will contact you each separately (and not post an address on the blog, of course).
No comments:
Post a Comment