Sunday, June 16, 2013

LUCKY KIDS

James and Cora really lucked out getting Jay as their daddy. He is fun and silly, patient (usually) and understanding, supportive and encouraging, sweet and sensitive (his heart literally melts for them), and willing to do whatever the kids ask of him (within reason). He takes them on adventures every week (while I'm at work in the afternoon, on my long days), whether it be swimming, to the park or library, or just hiking around the backyard hunting for animals and bugs. He reads to them every night, wrestles with them and chases them around to get their energy out, and sings them bedtime songs. He brushes their teeth and wipes their bottoms and lets Cora wash his hair. Our kids couldn't ask for a more devoted and caring father, and I am extremely grateful to have the partner that I do in this parenting adventure. Thank you, Jay, for being more than I ever could have hoped for in a father to my children, and a damn good husband as well. 

Happy Father's Day - I love you sweetie!

No comments: