Today I celebrated my birthday with my little family. They surprised me with a made from scratch (by James and Cora, with daddy's help) chocolate cinnamon bundt cake with mocha frosting (literally jumping out of the closet and out from under the bed sheets with the cake candles lit as soon as I got out of the shower...), then we splurged on breakfast (donuts from Shipley's), lunch (fried chicken, garlic mashed potatoes, and green beans with a glass of pinot noir at ROCA), AND dinner (deer camp dip, Oktoberfest pretzels with beer cheese, and shrimp and avocado salad with Spaten Oktoberfest at Martin's). And we took a growler of the Oktoberfest home to enjoy after the kids went to bed. I heard the birthday song a few times, opened some sweet cards and fun gifts, and felt very grateful for another year with these sweeties:
And so I enter my upper 30s... just a few calories heavier!
And so I enter my upper 30s... just a few calories heavier!

No comments:
Post a Comment